• I received a subpoena to appear as a witness for a deposition or in court.  What should I do?

    • If the matter for which you have been subpoenaed involves your duties or activities at the University, contact OLA for further information. If the matter is unrelated to the University, you should contact your personal attorney.
  • I received something called a “subpoena duces tecum” asking me to turn over University-related documents.  How do I respond?

    • Contact OLA immediately. You should not respond or turn over any documents prior to consulting OLA. OLA can work with you to gather responsive documents, make appropriate objections and, in some cases, seek a protective order to preserve the confidentiality of the documents requested.