All physicians in Wisconsin are required to register with the Injured Patients and Families Compensation. If you are newly licensed in Wisconsin, you will receive a letter notifying you of the obligation to register. If you are moving from one job to another within Wisconsin, you will not receive a reminder but are required to update your registration. As a UW employee you are EXEMPT and must register as such.
To register click here: https://ociaccess.oci.wi.gov/ipfcf-public/provider
From here you should:
- Enter your name or WI license number.
- Click on your name hyperlinked below.
- Click on the “Online Exemption Form” button
- Under exemptions:
- Enter their UWSMPH start date, and
- Select Exemption #2 – I am employed by the State, a county, or municipality
- If you are coming to UW from other employment in Wisconsin, and there is a gap of any amount of time between termination of your prior job and starting your UW job you also need to enter
- The start and end dates during which they were not practicing
- Select Exemption #7 – “I did not practice in Wisconsin for these effective dates.”