Training & Outreach Opportunities
- March 2, 2016 - Law Days: Brian Vaughan & Paige Reed (UW System), presenters. "The Successful Handling of an Employment Dispute"
- March 2, 2016 - Law Days: Andrew Norman & Jennifer Herzog (UW-Milwaukee), presenters. "Wait, Don't Sign That! Common and Emerging Issues in University Contracting."
- March 2, 2016 - Law Days: Rachel Jeris, Anne Bilder (UW System), David Blom (UW-Madison Title IX Coordinator), Tonya Schmidt (UW-Madison Assistant Dean of Students), presenters. "They're Here ... What to Expect During an OCR Investigation Regarding Sexual Assault"
- March 2, 2016 - Law Days: Ben Griffiths, presenter. "Rise of the Machines: Drones in the Classroom, the Lab and the Dorm"
- March 1, 2016 - Law Days: Sierra Beckles Young & Claire Dalle Molle, presenters. "Employee Discipline: Take Note(s)!"
- March 1, 2016 - Law Days: Tricia Kvitrud & Paige Reed (UW System), presenters. "A Chat About Legal Issues Related to Student Health."
- March 1, 2016 - Law Days: Raymond Taffora & Jennifer Lattis (UW System), presenters. "First Amendment Rights for Faculty and Staff"
- March 1, 2016 - Law Days: Nancy Lynch & Joely Urdan (UW-Milwaukee), presenters. "Transgender Issues in Higher Ed: What Should I Know in Providing Access to Facilities and Services on Campus?"
- March 1, 2016 - Law Days: Brigid Daly & Matthew Lind (UW System), presenters. "Making App Development Agreements Click"
- December 15, 2015: Brian Vaughan & Paige Reed (UW System), presenters. "Managing the Employment Case File: An In-House Counsel's Perspective"
- September 17, 2013: Lisa Wilson, guest lecturer. "Surrogate Decision Maker and Advance Directives" for BMI544 class
- September 13, 2013: Brian Vaughan & Rachel Jeris, presenters. "Faculty Disciplinary Process" for SMPH Peer Review Committee
- September 12, 2013: Lisa Wilson, guest lecturer. "FDA Regulations" for BMI544 class
- September 10, 2013: Lisa Wilson, guest lecturer. "Human Subjects Protection (Common Rule & HIPAA)" for BMI544 class
- August 30, 2013: Brian Vaughan & Lisa Wilson, presenters. "Identifying and Responding to Research Misconduct" for UW-Madison IRB
Please contact the attorney indicated for training on the following topics:
- Using Advance Directives in Research
- FDA Regulation of Drugs, Devices and Biologics
- Human Subjects Research Protections: The Common Rule and HIPAA
- Off-Label Use of Drugs and Devices
- Legal & Ethical Implications of Biospecimen Banking and Genetic Research
- Applying Wisconsin Law in Human Subjects Research
- Act 10
- Human Resources
Sierra Beckles Young, Tricia Kvitrud, Lisa Wilson
(Please contact Caroline Marks regarding scheduling these trainings.)
- The Medical Malpractice Process
- Surviving your Deposition
- Avoiding Liability through Good Communication and Documentation
- Medical Conditions with Heightened Confidentiality
- Export Control Laws in the University Research Context
- Public Records Laws in the Research Context
- Legal Issues in Sponsored Research Agreements
- Liability Issues in Sponsored Research
- General Research Compliance
- Intellectual Property Policies and Procedures
- Student Privacy: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
(Campus Partner – Office of the Registrar)
- Student Discipline: UW System conduct codes – Academic and Non-Academic
(Campus Partner – Division of Student Life)
- Defense and Indemnity for Students: Scope of coverage and litigation process
- Non-Discrimination Protections for Students: 14th Amendment, § 1983, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Rehabilitation Act
- Student Segregated Fees: Scope of 1st Amendment protection and applicable policies and procedures
- Student Speech: Scope of 1st Amendment protection and use of University facilities and lands for political activities and protests
- Copyright on Campus by Brigid Daly
- Copyright Virtual Classroom by Nancy Lynch
- Export Controls and Government Control Over Sensitive Information by Ben Griffiths
- Public Records Law in the Research Context by Ben Griffiths
- Employee Requests for Records by Claire Dalle Molle
- Public Records Training - Purchasing Services by Claire Dalle Molle